Hi everyone, today I’d like to share with you my go-to lunch, the buddha bowl. If you are unfamiliar with the term “buddha bowl,” it basically describes a bowl of food that is filled with nutrient dense veggies. So how do you assemble one of these bowls you may ask? Let’s look at the guide below.
First you want to pick one starch for the base of your bowl, here are some ideas:
- roasted potato wedges
- brown rice
- sweet potato
- whole grain pasta
Then pick at least one source of protein:
- beans: black, pinto, navy, chickpea, northern, fava, etc.
- tofu (a tofu scramble recipe will appear in the near future)
Then you want to pick many different non starchy vegetables to make your bowl colorful:
- roasted carrots
- green beans
- zucchini, etc
Lastly, you need to choose your seasoning and toppings (make sure one of your toppings has healthy fat):
- avocado (my personal favorite)
- SEEDS! I use hemp, chia, flax, buckwheat, amaranth, and millet.
- season salt
- sauce or dressing of your preference.
Here are some pictures of my buddha bowls to get an idea of how they are assembled: