Hello lovelies, today I made my favorite recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies! The recipe is originally from Minimalist Baker, but I tweaked some parts to make it my own. I hope you enjoy and let me know in the comments if you bake some for yourself!
Let’s get baking!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 + 3/4 cup flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips*
- 1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegan butter* (1/2 cup=1 stick)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
*I use Enjoy Life’s vegan mini chocolate chips.
*I like to use either Earth Balance Buttery Sticks or Melt Butter Sticks.
Mix it up:
Step 1- Cream the butter in a mixer.
Step 2- Add the vanilla, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar to the mix.
Step 3- Beat the mixture for 1 minute.
Step 4- Now, add the dry ingredients, salt, flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
Step 5- Mix this together just until well incorporated.
Step 6- Now use your hands to knead in the chocolate chips.
Step 7- Once everything is incorporated, it is time to bake!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Lay out a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper.
- Form balls out of the dough the size of a tablespoon and lay them on the sheet about 1.5 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Push the dough down on the sheet to form thick disks.
- Now, put the cookie sheet in the oven for 12 minutes.
After baking, you can enjoy your dairy free desert!!
Until next time,